Bryant/Pattengill Thursday Notes: April 20, 2017
In This Issue:
- International T-Shirts Pre-Orders Due Friday
- Help Celebrate Earth Day on Friday
- Ice Cream Social: Family Donation Drive
- Great Lakes Scrip Gift Cards Make Great Gifts & Support the PTO
- Celebrate Spring with Restaurant Day at Bagger Dave’s
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week, May 1-5
Help Wanted: Volunteer Opportunities
- Event and Activity Volunteer Sign-Up
- Bryant/Pattengill PTO Board Nominations Due Friday
- Show Your Support: Shop at the PTO Thrift Shop
- Pioneer Theatre Guild’s The Wizard of Oz Opens Saturday Night
- Bryant/Pattengill International Festival Next Week
- Visit the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop
Mark Your Calendars
In This Issue
International T-Shirts Pre-Orders Due Friday: Pre-order your International Festival t-shirts and SAVE! T-shirts will be $6 at a special pre-order price and will go up to $8 when sold the night of the International Festival. There are a limited number of sizes available. For more information and to place a pre-order, please click here. Order forms are being sent home with your child, as well.
Help Celebrate Earth Day on Friday: In honor of Earth Day, Bryant and Pattengill’s annual Day of Service will occur tomorrow, April 21. From 9:30-12:00 at Bryant, and 1:30-3:30 at Pattengill, each classroom will help beautify their school grounds. Parents are invited to join their student’s classroom and/or assist with landscaping and gardening. If you are able to join for any portion of the day, please sign up. For further information, details, and links to websites with earth-friendly tips, click here.
Ice Cream Social: Family Donation Drive – Don’t miss the Bryant/Pattengill Ice Cream Social (ICS) on Friday, May 19, 6:00-8:30pm at Pattengill. This family-favorite event is our schools’ largest fundraiser, featuring bounce houses, karaoke, soccer shoot-out, basketball mini hoops, raffle and silent auction prizes, and plenty of frozen treats! We kindly ask families to contribute $5 toward the ICS Family Donation Drive, to help supply some of the most popular raffle prizes, such as toys and electronics. Your child will be bringing home a collection envelope, and all donations are due by Monday, May 1. Thank you! Questions? Contact Lisa Wong at email@example.com.
Great Lakes Scrip Gift Cards Make Great Gifts & Support the PTO: Are you looking to give gift cards for an upcoming graduation, end-of-year teacher gift, wedding, shower, etc.? There are many local and national retailers through Great Lakes Scrip fundraising, so there is a gift card for everyone. You can even order gift cards for your own local shopping! A portion of every gift card bought goes to support our schools. Order forms will be sent home with your child this week, and are due back to the school offices by Friday, May 5. Payment must accompany your order. Please be sure to write your phone number and your child’s and teacher’s names on your order form, and address your envelope to SCRIP ORDER/SHANNON KOTRE. All orders will be distributed on Thursday, May 11. Alternate options for delivery are available, so please contact me directly if you prefer not to have your order sent home with your child. Click here for instructions on how to order online. Questions? Contact Shannon Kotre at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate Spring with Restaurant Day at Bagger Dave’s: Are you craving a hamburger or a Black Bean Burger? Come join your fellow Bryant/Pattengill families at Bagger Dave’s on Monday, April 24, from 5-9pm, 859 W. Eisenhower in the Colonnade shopping center. Please present the flyer to your server and 15% of the bill will go to the Bryant/Pattengill PTO.
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week, May 1-5: We hope that all B/P families will join in celebrating the amazing teachers & staff who make our schools a great place for our children to learn and grow. Schedule: Monday, May 1: Words of appreciation! Students are encouraged to make and deliver cards or notes to their classroom & specials teachers, and to school staff. (Cards can be brought in any day that week!) Tuesday, May 2: No School. Wednesday, May 3: Lunch for teachers & staff at both schools. We will need some assistance with set up and clean up (see sign-up below). Thursday, May 4: Sweet treats! Please consider donating a homemade or store-bought treat for our teachers & staff to share. Treats can be dropped off in the morning at each school, or brought to the school during set up (11am). Friday, May 5: Flower Power! Children are encouraged to bring in a flower for their teachers and staff. Please Click Here to sign up to help, or donate treats. Questions? Contact Laura Gultekin at email@example.com.
Help Wanted: Volunteer Opportunities:
Event and Activity Volunteer Sign-Up: The PTO offers many fun and educational activities for students and families, and we need YOU to help make them possible. Please browse the 2016-2017 Bryant/Pattengill Volunteer Sign-up for an opportunity(ies) that interest you. Thank you!
Bryant/Pattengill PTO Board Nominations Due Friday: The B/P Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) Board is seeking new Board members for the 2017/2018 school year. Nominations are due Friday, April 21. Click here to learn more about the open Board positions of Internal Secretary and External Secretary. Please contact Co-President Kathy Brady with questions or nominations: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering joining your PTO Board!
Show Your Support: Shop at the PTO Thrift Shop – We have an opportunity to earn a percentage of $2,000 to support the cost of transportation for our students’ field trips. Here’s how it works: Shop the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop (2280 S. Industrial Hwy.) between April 16-29. For every $5 spent, shoppers earn a token. Cast your tokens in support of our schools! Spread the word to friends and family and let’s show our support! See the flier below for store hours.
Pioneer Theatre Guild’s The Wizard of Oz Opens Saturday Night: Join several of our B/P students “Over the Rainbow” in Pioneer Theatre Guild’s production of The Wizard of Oz. Performances are April 22, 28, and 29 at 7:30pm, and April 23 and 30 at 2pm. Tickets are $15 (adults) and $10 (students and seniors 65+) and available at showtix4u.com.
Bryant/Pattengill International Festival Next Week: The B/P annual International Festival will be held at Bryant this year, on Thursday, April 27, 6:30-8:00pm. Please consider contributing to this event, to help make it a success! For more information and to sign-up, visit: http://bit.ly/2l566NW. We look forward to celebrating our diversity together as one commUNITY!
Visit the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop: Located at 2280 S. Industrial Hwy., the PTO Thrift Shop supports our schools and students. Shop, donate, and support AAPS!
Mark Your Calendars
To view the full 2016-2017 school year, select: Bryant/Pattengill PTO Calendar
- Thurs, Apr 20: Kindergarten Registration & Readiness, Bryant Gym (by Appointment), 9am-2pm
Pattengill Spring Picture Day
- Fri, Apr 21: Earth Day of Service (ALL Parents Welcome to Volunteeer Bryant: Morning, Pattengill: Afternoon
- Mon, Apr 24: B/P Restaurant Day at Bagger Dave’s, 5-9pm
- Tues, Apr 25: 3rd Grade Spring Concert, Pattengill Cafeteria, 7-8pm
- Thurs, Apr 27: International Festival, Bryant, 6:30-8pm
- Mon- Fri, May 1-5: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
- Tues, May 2: Election Day – No School for Students
- Wed, May 3: 2nd to 3rd Grade Transition, Students (at Pattengill),9:30-11:00am
2nd to 3rd Grade Transition, Parent Informational Night, Pattengill, 6-7pm
- Mon, May 8: 5th Grade Instrumental Spring Concert, Pattengill Cafeteria, 6:30pm
- Tues, May 9: School Improvement Team (SIT) Meeting, Pattengill, 4:30-5:30pm
PTO General Meeting, Pattengill (ALL Families Welcome, Childcare Provided), 6pm-7:30pm
- Mon, May 15: Lunch with a Loved One at Pattengill
- Tues, May 16: Lunch with a Loved One at Bryant
- Fri, May 19: Bryant/Pattengill Ice Cream Social, Pattengill, 6:00-8:30pm
- Tues, May 23: 2nd Grade Spring Sing, Bryant Gym, 7-8pm cancelled
- Thurs, May 25: 1st Grade Spring Sing, Bryant Gym, 7-8pm cancelled
- Mon, May 29: Memorial Day – No School for Students
- PTO Website: www.bryantpattengill.org
- PTO on Facebook: BryantPattengillPTO
- PTO on Twitter: @A2BryPatPTO
- Bryant Website: www.a2schools.org/bryant
- Pattengill Website: www.a2schools.org/pattengill
Submissions for Thursday Notes should be e-mailed to ThursdayNotes@bryantpattengill.org.
**Deadline is Tuesday at 5pm each week.**