Bryant/Pattengill Thursday Notes: January 26, 2017
In This Issue:
- Bryant Phys. Ed. Update
- AAPS’ Counseling Dept. Offers Grief & Loss Seminars
Help Wanted: Volunteer Opportunities
- Event and Activity Volunteer Sign-Up
- 2017 Girls on the Run Regular Registration Ends Tuesday
- Pattengill Talent Show- Important Show Dates
- Science Olympiad Sign-Up Now Open
- Shop for Bryant/Pattengill at Kroger
- Visit the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop
Mark Your Calendars
In This Issue
Bryant Phys. Ed. Update: Please check out the latest updated information on Mr. Willard’s website including his Newsletter:http://www.a2schools.org/Page/9495 Activity Calendars: http://www.a2schools.org/Page/8864 and Just Dance Blog entry: http://www.a2schools.org/Page/9891.
AAPS’ Counseling Dept. Offers Grief & Loss Seminars: 2016 was a difficult year for families and students in the Ann Arbor Public Schools and surrounding communities. Many student deaths from a variety of causes have affected school communities and staff. A panel of experts will offer healthful suggestions for positive ways to deal with grief and loss at two upcoming seminars entitled, “Grief and Loss: Supporting our Students.” Thursday, Jan. 26, 6:30pm at Slauson Middle School Auditorium, or Thursday, Feb. 16, 6:30pm at Huron High School Little Theater. The events are free and open to everyone. For more information, visit: http://a2communityhighschool.weebly.com/
Help Wanted: Volunteer Opportunities:
Event and Activity Volunteer Sign-Up: The PTO offers many fun and educational activities for students and families, and we need YOU to help make them possible. Please browse the 2016-2017 Bryant/Pattengill Volunteer Sign-up for an opportunity(ies) that interest you. Thank you!
2017 Girls on the Run Regular Registration Ends Tuesday: Regular Registration ends Jan. 31 and late registration ends Feb. 15. Our program at Pattengill is open to all 3rd–5th grade girls and will meet after school on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-5:30pm, March 13-May 26. All registered participants will receive a healthy snack at each lesson, a program t-shirt and water bottle, a parent guide book, GOTR cinch sack, and entry into the 5k on Sunday, May 21. Click here to learn more and to register. Financial assistance is available in the application process. Email our site leader Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Pattengill Talent Show – Important Show Dates: Here are some important dates about the upcoming Pattengill Talent Show. 1. Dress rehearsal will be after school on Monday, Feb. 6, 4:00-6:30pm in the Pattengill cafeteria. 2. The Talent Show will be on Friday, Feb. 10, at 7pm in the Pattengill cafeteria. (Performers report at 6:30.) 3.The school performance will be on Monday, Feb. 13 at 1:45pm. This is part of our NAAPID program. 4.The performance for second graders is on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 9:30am. Questions? Please contact Mrs. Bailey: email@example.com
Science Olympiad Sign-Up Now Open: Science Olympiad sign-up is now available for 2nd-5th graders! Read about it at BryantPattengill.org/SO or just SIGN UP. Encourage your child(ren) to explore and have fun with a new topic or an old favorite. For students who aren’t sure science is for them, there are activities to catch anyone’s interest, focused on interaction, exploration, hands-on activities, and teamwork. Questions? Contact Jonathan Parker at Jonathan.T.Parker@BryantPattengill.org.
Visit the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop: Located at 2280 S. Industrial Hwy., the PTO Thrift Shop supports our schools and students. Shop, donate, and support AAPS!
Mark Your Calendars
To view the full 2016-2017 school year, select: Bryant/Pattengill PTO Calendar
- Thurs, Jan 26: PTO Executive Board Meeting, 6-7:30pm, Bryant Media Center
- Wed, Feb 8: Student Count Day – please be sure your student(s) attend this day
- Fri, Feb 10: Pattengill Talent Show for Parents/Community, 7–9pm
- Mon, Feb 13: NAAPID/Parent Involvement Day, ALL Parents Welcome
Pattengill Talent Show for Students, 1:45–3:30pm, Pattengill
- Wed, Feb 15: 2nd Grade to Pattengill to see Talent Show, 9:30am
- Mon, Feb 20: Presidents’ Day – No School for Students
- Wed, Feb 22: Pattengill Science Fair, 6–7:30pm, Pattengill Gym
- Thurs, Feb 23: Kindergarten/Young Fives Round-Up, 6–7:30pm, Bryant Multipurpose Room
- PTO Website: www.bryantpattengill.org
- PTO on Facebook: BryantPattengillPTO
- PTO on Twitter: @A2BryPatPTO
- Bryant Website: www.a2schools.org/bryant
- Pattengill Website: www.a2schools.org/pattengill
Submissions for Thursday Notes should be e-mailed to ThursdayNotes@bryantpattengill.org.
**Deadline is Tuesday at 5pm each week.**