Bryant/Pattengill Thursday Notes: January 7th, 2016- WELCOME BACK!!
In this issue:
- Letters From The Principals
- News from Mrs. Krohn- Martin Luther King Jr. Assembly
- Come Join Girls On The Run
- 5th Grade Camp Update
Help Wanted: Volunteer Opportunities
Thank You to our Volunteers!
- You Can Still Sign Up For Science Olympiad
- Don’t Forget The Bryant Community Center
- Keep On Clipping Box Tops For Bryant Pattengill
Visit the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop
Mark Your Calendars
In this issue
News from Mrs. Krohn- Martin Luther King Jr. Assembly: The MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY ASSEMBLY will take place on January 15th 9:20 a.m. Please join the Bryant students and staff at 9:20 a.m. for an all-school assembly to celebrate and remember the life and dreams of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We would love for you to join us. During the assembly, many different classes will present their tributes to Dr. King in a variety of ways, so it is a celebration not to be missed! Questions, please contact Mrs. Krohn- email@example.com. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on the 15th!
Come Join Girls On The Run: Registration is open for Girls on the Run! Our program at Pattengill is open to all 3rd – 5th grade girls and will meet after school on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:15pm – 5:45pm March 7th through May 20th. All registered participants will receive a healthy snack at each lesson, along with a program t-shirt and water bottle, a parent guide book, Girls on the Run cinch sack, and entry into the 5k on Sunday, May 15th. Click here to learn more and to register. Space is limited and registration ends February 15th. *Financial assistance is available and volunteers may receive discounted or waived registrations for their daughters Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5th Grade Camp Update: SHOW YOUR SUPPORT for Bryant/Pattengill 5th grade camp scholarships this week at the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop, 2280 S. Industrial Hwy. From January 10 – 16, we have an opportunity to earn a percentage of $1000 through this promotional fundraising activity. Here’s how it works. For every $5 spent, shoppers earn a token. Cast your tokens this week in support of our school! The funds earned for Bryant/Pattengill will help to ensure that ALL 5th graders are able to participate in the camp experience. Spread the word to friends and family and let’s SHOW OUR SUPPORT for our school! See the attached flier for store hours.
Help Wanted: Volunteer Opportunities
Thank You to our Volunteers! Thank you to all of our parent volunteers for the time and energy you have dedicated to our students and schools this Fall. We wish you a restful break, and look forward to working with you again in the new year. Looking for a way to plug-in to your child’s school in 2016? Visit 2015-2016 Bryant/Pattengill Volunteer Sign-Up to volunteer for any of our PTO events and activities. Thank you!
You Can Still Sign Up For Science Olympiad:Science Olympiad is a free enrichment program open to all 2nd through 5th graders! Practices start in February in a wide variety of topics. For students who aren’t sure science is for them, we are sure we have activities to catch their interest. Focused on interaction, exploration, hands-on activities, and team work. Check it out and sign up now: BryantPattengill.org/SO Questions, contact JONATHAN.T.PARKER@leidos.com
Don’t Forget The Bryant Community Center: Especially during this time of the year, this center provides Bryant Elementary families an opportunity to use Bryant Community Center’s food distribution program. Parents can call the Community Center for more information at (734) 477-0292. Please be clear that it is a Bryant Elementary family in need, because there is a distribution solely for Bryant Neighborhood and Bryant Elementary families – the waits are much shorter.
Keep on clipping Box Tops: With the holiday season upon us, please remember to clip and save Box Top coupons from your favorite products. Our next submission is February 23, 2016, which will be here before we know it! Thank you for submitting your Box Tops in the ‘black boxes’ located outside each school’s office, as we try to reach our goal of $1,200 for this school year. Questions? Contact Jean Powell at email@example.com.
Visit the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop: Located at 2280 S. Industrial Hwy., the PTO Thrift Shop supports our schools and students. Shop, donate, and support AAPS!
Mark Your Calendars
To view the full 2015-2016 school year, select: Bryant/Pattengill PTO Calendar
- Mon, Jan. 4: School Resumes
- Wed, Jan. 6 – 29: NWEA Testing
- Tues, Jan. 12: Pattengill Talent Show Tryouts
- Mon, Jan. 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No School for Students
- Thurs, Jan. 21: PTO Executive Board Meeting, 6-7:30, Bryant Media Center
- Mon, Feb. 1: No School
- Fri, Feb. 5: Pattengill Talent Show for Parents/Community, 7- 9pm
- Mon, Feb. 8: Morning: Bryant NAAPID/Parent Involvement Day, ALL Parents Welcome
- Afternoon: Pattengill NAAPID/Parent Involvement Day, ALL Parents Welcome
- Pattengill Talent Show for Students, 1:45-3:30
- Wed, Feb. 10: Student Count Day
- Mon-Fri, Feb. 15-19: Mid-Winter Break – No School for Students
- Mon, Feb. 22: School Resumes
- Wed, Feb. 24: Pattengill Science Fair, Pattengill Gym, 6–7:30pm
- Thurs, Feb. 25: Kindergarten Round-Up, Bryant Multipurpose Room-6–7:30pm
- Fri, Feb. 26 – Mar 9: Read-A-Thon
- PTO Website: www.bryantpattengill.org
- PTO on Facebook: BryantPattengillPTO
- PTO on Twitter: @A2BryPatPTO
- Bryant Website: www.a2schools.org/bryant
- Pattengill Website: www.a2schools.org/pattengill
Submissions for Thursday Notes should be e-mailed to ThursdayNotes@bryantpattengill.org. Deadline is Tuesday at 5pm each week.